In today’s rendition of 31 Days of Halloween, let’s take a look at some spooktacular children’s books that you may either remember from your childhood or may even want to read aloud today! Enjoy!
15. Goodnight Goon: A Petrifying Parody by Micheal Rex
Hilarious parody on a well-known classic.
14. Clifford’s Halloween
Bet you can’t tell who’s under that ghost costume amiright.
13. Pinkalicious: Pink or Treat by Victoria Kann
When a storm hits Pinkalicious’s town and trick-or-treating is cancelled, it is up to her to still make sure the festivities come to life even if shes stuck inside without power!
12. Spooky Pookie by Sandra Boynton
Help Spooky Pookie decide what to be for Halloween! There is just too many options to pick from and it sounds like shes slightly indecisive (aren’t we all Pookie).
11. Corduroy’s Halloween by B. G. Hennessy
Corduroy loves Halloween! But sometimes even he can get himself a little spooked!
10. Skeletons ARE NOT Spooky! by Duds & Kaine
Hilarious story that the whole family will enjoy. How come everyone is afraid of skeletons anyways? They help us do so much every day even if we can’t see them!
9. Where’s My Mummy? by Carolyn Crimi & John Manders
Baby mummy and Mommy mummy decide to play a good old game of hide-and-shriek before bedtime!
8. Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson & Axel Scheffler
I think the title explains it all, a friendly witch is offering to let some pals hitch a ride in the sky!
7. Big Pumpkin by Erica Silverman
A classic I loved reading in school in October. This witch does an amazing job at growing the biggest pumpkin around and hopes to make a great pumpkin pie. Only issue? No one can move it!
6. Peppa’s Halloween Party by Eone
Peppa Pig and Halloween. Nuff said.
5. What Was I Scared Of? A Glow-In-The-Dark Encounter by Dr. Seuss
Floating pants!? I’m sure it’s nothing I mean What Was I Scared Of? anyways.
4. It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown by Kara McMahon & Charles M. Schulz
A staple to Halloween time classics EVERYWHERE. Of course it is more well-known for their tv special, the book breaks it down for everyone to enjoy as well!
3. Mickey & Friends Haunted Halloween
Currently have this in my room because I found it long and forgotten under my bed. This oldie is such a cute telling of how Mickey has to go into his attic to get his Halloween decorations and in the process manages to scare himself! Such a cute easy little story.
2. The Berenstain Bear’s Trick Or Treat by Stan Berenstain & Jan Berenstain
Brother and Sister can’t wait to go trick or treating with their friends! But what happens when one friend thinks they should all add a few extra tricks to their night? Looks like you’ll have to read it to find out!
1. The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid Of Anything by Linda D. Williams & Megan Lloyd
I use to LOVE reading this book in school in October. The story is basically about this old lady who is literally afraid of nothing. All of these spooks and spirits try to make her scream but nothing works until she has the scare of her life.